Inspecting and Repairing Siding
Cedar siding has plenty of aesthetic appeal. That’s often why homeowners choose it over other types like vinyl or fiber cement. Aside from its aesthetic appeal, like all types of siding, cedar siding is meant to protect your home from the elements. But, when it gets damaged it affords less protection.
Want to make sure your cedar siding is performing the way it’s meant to? Get it professionally inspected. An inspection will reveal any flaws your siding might have and what repair options are available to ensure the health of the siding is maintained. If you want reliable cedar siding inspection in Hilliard, OH, or the surrounding area, look to the experienced professionals at AC ROOFING AND SIDING. Set up an appointment today by calling (614)-505-9605.
Signs Cedar Siding Needs To Be Replaced
When AC ROOFING AND SIDING provides a cedar siding inspection in Hilliard, OH, our professionals look for key signs that your cedar siding isn’t performing at optimum levels and needs to be replaced. Here are some of the flaws we look for:
- Warping or rotting: Though warp-resistant, very saturated cedar siding can warp, and if the saturation gets underneath the wood, it may rot. Rotted or warped siding will need to be replaced.
- Mildew and mold: Mold or mildew growth indicates moisture trapped in or behind the siding, which can lead to warping or rotting.
- Holes and cracks: Large holes and cracks often allow moisture and insects to get inside the siding, which leads to other problems like warping or rotting. Damaged siding also will eventually come loose.
- Pest intrusion: Termites, woodpeckers and other animals often wreak havoc on cedar siding
- Damage to the interior of the home: Cracks, holes, or other damage can lead to moisture intruding inside the home. Paint or wallpaper peeling or bubbling on walls is a sure sign of outside moisture intrusion.
- Energy bill increases: Air or heat seeping out of your home may increase your energy bills and may indicate problems with siding.
Reach Out for Quality Service
Ready for a cedar siding inspection in Hilliard, OH or the surrounding area? AC ROOFING AND SIDING‘s highly trained and experienced home exterior experts know exactly what to look for when it comes to damaged siding. Need to schedule a service appointment? All you need to do is call (614)-505-9605. Along with cedar siding, we also provide a wide range of other residential siding services, including James Hardie siding installation and vinyl siding installation.